Go back to the homepage
Want to refresh or enhance your skills as a Reading Mentor? It’s all here—everything you need to maximize the time spent with your student.
Reading strategy resources
- Sight Words (Video)
- Sight Words (Handout)
- Fluency (Video)
- Fluency (Handout)
- Engaging Young Readers (Video)
- Working with Emerging Readers (Video)
- Tips for Figuring Out a Word (Decoding)
- Active Reading Strategies (Comprehension Video)
- Active Reading Strategies (Comprehension Blog Post)
Additional mentoring resources
- Meaningful Questions to Ask Your Student (Handout)
- Working with Students Who Have Experienced Trauma (Handout and links to videos)
Toolkit for new Reading Mentors
- Online Training — It’s packed with useful information — including many tips from educators and experienced Reading Mentors — and you can complete it in less than 15 minutes. Please email us to confirm completion.
- What to Expect at a Reading Session — Prepare for and make the most of each reading session.
- Lead to Read KC Code of Conduct